Full Job Description
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Placentia, CA
Established in 2008, RBT continues to grow in size, scope of services delivered and in the partnerships we have developed. RBT has made its mark in the construction industry by providing quality electrical and technology systems. RBT Electric, Inc. has the expertise to successfully deliver project goals. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, paid time off, and Industry toping performance based bonuses.
As a Project Coordinator you provide administrative and clerical support to the Project Manager and Field Foreman. You work in direct contact with the Project Manager, General Foreman, Project Foreman and office staff. You are required to visit jobsites on a weekly basis and or to attend coordination meetings. This position will be responsible for managing various steps in electrical project cycles, including; technical review, quotes, customer negotiations, scheduling, and maintenance. This will require strong residential construction focus, ability to coordinate high volume construction projects from remote locations, and ensure the Project Manager and field foreman informed on all details of various projects in a timely manner.
- Scan and File documents in all proper folders as designated.
- Maintains vendor/supplier folders updated with all documents needed.
- Creates RBT Field Binders
- Processing Material purchase orders
- Generates Cost estimates
- Collects all required submittals for approval
- Oversee subcontractor/major material purchase orders throughout the project’s duration.
- Verify that all material, equipment, and tools are being ordered and arriving to proper job site on schedule and field paper work is maintained correctly.
- Coordinate delivery schedules of material and equipment.
- Assist in creating any new files for new projects and facilitate the copying of plans.
- Recount and verify light fixture quantities by performing a take-off from the project plans.
- Gather required documents for job meetings.
- Follow up on any actions items from meeting agenda.
- Keeps all meeting minutes
- Responsible for project close out procedures. Facilitate the gathering, assembly, and completion of the O&M’s, warranty letters, and any other close out documentation required by owner/GC.
- Lead supplier and sub-contractor negotiations for electrical project cost across the company.
- Under tight deadlines, be able to manage a large volume of short duration electrical projects.
- Manage the detailing, costing, price negotiation and scheduling of electrical projects associated with retrofit PV systems.
- Strong emphasis on cost and profitability review.
- Constant process development to make sure that Tesla is always finding ways to improve the customer experience and reduce costs.
- Ability to use photos and construction plans to develop project scope of work and cost.
- Ensure projects are moving through in a timely manner by fulfilling defined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Be able to make daily and independent decisions on technical construction
- Track all projects through the completion of construction while communicating clearly and effectively on project status.
- Work closely with Supervisor, Local Operations teams, and approved sub-contractor vendors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Thorough knowledge of company objectives impacting Project Management strategies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of electrical construction, contracts and terminology.
- Excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects while meeting required deadlines.
- Proficient in Software/Computer programs and equipment.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- General office equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in construction project management preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on customer account management software and Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of residential construction and National Building Codes.
- Work experience with construction drawings and associated symbols required.
- Experience with Solar PV project management is preferred.
- Competitive, goal oriented, well organized and highly detailed.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and autonomously.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Must complete 5 minutes CVI assessment: https://bit.ly/rbt-elec-app-cvi
Respond with your CVI result link.
COVID 19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.